Drawing upon more than five decades as a lawyer, judge, teacher, and now, after retirement, once again as a lawyer, I have shared experiences, courtroom stories, historical episodes, reflections on the judiciary, and lessons learnt along the way. The book is written not only for lawyers and judges, but also for law students and anyone interested in law, justice, and public life.
Whatever little I have learnt in my professional journey, I have tried to pass it on to the next generation.
The title was inspired by a question asked many years ago after I delivered a talk at an International Conference on Open Source Software and Intellectual Property Rights. During the tea break, a young lady hesitantly asked me:
"Sir, are you a normal judge?"
Surprised, I asked, "Do I look abnormal?"
Her innocent question stayed with me. Years later, it became the title of this book.
The royalties from the book have been dedicated to the Krishna Virendra Trust, an educational charitable trust established in memory of my parents.
I hope readers will find in these pages something useful, something thought-provoking, and perhaps, at times, something to smile about.
If you happen to read the book, I would be delighted to know what you think. Your comments and feedback would be most welcome.
#Law #LawCourt #History #AreYouANormalJudge


No comments:
Post a Comment